Friday, January 31, 2014

Why do you write?

That's a weird question to a writer, but to someone from the outer non writer world it seems logical. I've had this question posed to me on several occasions. So today I'll try to answer this in my own life. Why do I write? Well, it's a a passion. I guess my passion for writing started with my intense passion for reading. I've always loved to read. When I was young I'd read mysteries and old classics. Then as I became a teenager I was introduced to romance novels. Well that was it for me. I was hooked on romances. I'd go through a couple a week. It was thrilling to get carried away to another world. So, I started writing what came into my mind as a teenager. I'd fill up notebooks with stories. Mostly they were romances, but I did pen out a couple of mysteries. I'm actually thinking of working on a romance filled with mystery. We'll see how that goes. There's a feeling I get when I sit down to write. It's like no other feeling. I get immersed in the world of my characters. It's amazing how you can get so into their story that you actually get lost. Sometimes it's hard to get back into the here and now. Of course right now is the busiest time of the year for my accounting business. But I still set aside time to write and plot out stories. It's actually a stress reliever. If I'm feeling too overwhelmed I'll go into Bigstockphoto.com or one of the other picture sites and try to set up what I want for a cover. It inspires me. Or I'll work on an outline of a story I'm working on. I sprinkle my nights with reading and writing. I consider reading like research for writing. As I read other authors work it helps to keep me focused on my own writing. So, why do you write? As always, good writing and May God Bless You...

No comments:

Post a Comment