Monday, January 27, 2014

2nd Cup Monday...Maybe 3rd Cup

It's Monday if you haven't figured it out. When my alarm went off at six this morning I groaned wanting it to be Saturday again. I sat up way too late reading last night and man I feel it this morning. Working toward my 3rd cup of coffee. As for this morning's post here goes. I have several manuscripts in the works as always. I put in several hours on these this past weekend. I'm so excited about the manuscript that will be entered in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest. My book "A Love Never Lost" made it through to the 2nd round last year which was a huge accomplishment for this writer. I just have to finish this one up and get it entered. Have you ever edited 3/4 of the way through a manuscript. I was typing this weekend and had a AH HA moment. Suddenly it became clear which direction the last part of the book would go. Of course I know the ending, but the part a couple of chapters from the end had been bugging me. I went back and did a editing read, which helped to confirm the change that would take place. It's funny how your characters truly speak to you. This morning I'm going to give it a couple hundred words before I shower and head to my office. I've set up a work schedule that allows time to have a few minutes here and there to get in a few words. Since this is the start of my busy season I want to get as much done on my WIP as possible. Deadlines also drive this need for time slots that allow me to write. Have you scheduled your day to include some writing? This actually helps me to destress during the day with a little time away from numbers and clients. It's amazing how calming my writing can be. It's a time that I look forward to every day. So make sure that you plan a little time every day to write and get lost if only for a section of time. As always, Good Writing and May God Bless You...

No comments:

Post a Comment