Monday, January 20, 2014

Cold Hands, Warm Heart...

Good Monday morning! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend filled with joy and lots of writing. Of course today is a school holiday so I got to sleep in. That's always a plus. As I sat down in my office I was met with a really cold chair and desk. My fingers are struggling with this post due to the cold. It was a little warmer on Friday when I left, so I didn't set the heater to come on as much over the weekend. That's what I get for not looking ahead at the forecast. It's freezing this morning. Have you ever heard the old saying, "Cold Hands, Warm Heart". That's me this morning for sure. I always have cold hands. Since I'm a hopeless romantic I guess you could say I always have a warm heart. When I love I do it with my whole heart. I don't love half heartedly. It's just not in my makeup. Maybe this is why I'm drawn to writing about love. I love every aspect of it. It mesmerizes me and draws me into it's depths until I'm lost in it's beauty. Now don't get me wrong. Love can be a tedious thing, like walking on a tight rope over a deep canyon. As you know, I'm afraid of heights so I try to keep off the tight rope as much as possible. I've had so many readers ask me if my writing comes from life experiences and I usually laugh. A writer never fully reveals the secrets behind their craft. I will tell you this, I've loved and lost, but in the end I've loved for eternity. There it is, a writer's answer. We love to write in riddles, never really giving it all away. When I was a teenager I looked for Prince Charming. He'd come up on his white horse, of course, and he'd have on a crisp white Stetson with a winning smile. You know the type, the one that's only in your mind. Oh yeah, I had it bad. I'd read one too many romance novels, if that's possible. Sometimes it can be dangerous for a girl coming of age. She looks for that one special man. Poor boys, I left several along the road side wondering what they'd done wrong. Hey, I didn't leave them literally by the roadside, but you get what I'm saying. One reader asked if I had a cowboy in my past, well I'm from the country and that's a resounding yes. You can't throw a stone without hitting at least one cowboy or country boy. As a writer you have to pull from things that are familiar but then you have to make them stand out and interesting. So, do you have a warm heart? Do you pull from your past experiences when writing? As always, good writing and May God Bless You...

No comments:

Post a Comment