Friday, January 24, 2014

Burr...Let's Talk Romance...

Well it's cold here in Georgia. Actually cold doesn't even begin to describe how it feels outside. I've set up my office in my den for the day. It's just way too cold in my office, so when you get lemons you make lemonade, but here it would be a frozen lemonade. Think summer :) So, let's talk romance and try to get warm. The last couple of nights I've had my nose in my kindle reading. Some days I just want to read and not write. Of course this could be called research or practice. With sports figures they work out daily, but a writer needs to read daily. For me reading helps keep my mind working correctly. As you know I write romance, so I read a lot of romance. It's like a inspirational time for me. As I read I think, yeah, I like the way this writer does this, or I think about what I didn't like in the book and I try to avoid it in my own work. As the temps continue to be below freezing I curl up in front of the fire with a romance to keep me warm. Currently I'm reading a Vampire series and it's been pretty good so far. I love how the writer handles every situation. I've been so into the books that I don't even realize I'm chilly. But I've got to put the Kindle down and get back into my manuscripts in progress. Especially the one that's going in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest. It's in the final stages and I'm really excited about it. It's a step away from my normal style writing, so I'm anxious to see how it's received. So, if you're cold, pick up a romance and let the warmth spread through you. When you read about love it just has a warming affect on you. Go ahead and try it. If you need some good choices then go over to avonromance.com. They've got a great selection of romances to warm your heart and your toes. As always, good writing and May God Bless You...

No comments:

Post a Comment