Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Snowy night in Georgia!

Well the meterologists got it right. Here in Georgia we're getting lots of snow. It's pretty and really cold. I know those of you from the north are laughing at us southerners, but we don't get this often. We're definitely not prepared for it. Atlanta highways are almost closed down and the roads are iced over. As for me, I'm sitting in my cozy den with a roaring fire. It's a great night to write a beach scene that I've been working on. I'm thinking warm thoughts.....Yeah that helped thaw out my toes. I plan on sitting here and finishing the beach scene tonight. Then hopefully if my power doesn't go out, I'll finish the whole book tomorrow. But unfortunately I live in the country and if the ice builds on the power lines, well you know what happens, they snap. Then I'll be down for the count. But I have plenty of pens and paper :) I'll go back to the old way of writing. The snow is falling heavily now as the darkness takes over. It looks like diamonds falling from the sky. The ice crystals gleam in our outside spot lights. It's simply gorgeous. But since my driveway is uphill, we'll have to get out the 4x4 if we go anywhere out of four wheeler range. Hope everyone is staying safe in the cold weather that's descended from Canada. As always, good writing and May God Bless You...

No comments:

Post a Comment