Monday, February 3, 2014

Cowboys, Cowboys Everywhere...

I've written posts on this before and it's still true. Everywhere I look I see cowboys. Romance books, commercials, movies, they're everywhere. I've written most cowboy romance and I do have to say that a cowboy main character is pretty exhirating. I mean they're masculine, hard working, rugged, everything you'd want in a hero type. Someone asked me the other day if all my romances are about cowboys and I smiled. I do have a couple that aren't cowboy related, but most of my books do have cowboys and horses. As I've always said, you have to write about what you love. It just makes it easier. If you write about something that you're not passionate about then it will show in your writing. Always go with what you're passionate about. I'm going to write what I'm passionate about. It's just how I'm made. Do you have something you're passionate about? As a writer you can really shine if you go with your passion. Since I've always loved anything about horses and cowboys, it's only natural that I'd write about them. I've actually heard from fans that I've convinced them to love cowboys too. That made me happy because that means that I did what I strived to do. So what's your passion? Is your romantic hero a cowboy, Navy Seal, doctor, business man, millionaire, musician, bad boy, body guard, vampire, werewolf, shifter, the list can go on and on? If it's romance I'll read it, but my favorite type is obvious... As always, good writing and May God Bless You...

No comments:

Post a Comment