Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday and Romancing the Coffee

Good Morning! It's Friday people. It's the last day of the work week for most, but for an author that works a full time job it's the start of the long work weekend. I work everyday on my manuscripts. Some days not as long as others and especially at this time of year. I have deadlines all around me. There's W-2's to finish, end of the year balancing, 1099's, Tax return prep, manuscripts that are being finalized, covers to design, editing to do, VBS pre season prep, and dare I go on, on my! As I sit here nursing my second cup of coffee, I contemplate my morning. I have a hour or so of social media, blogging, and a little editing before I go to the office. It's funny the life of a writer. I sit down at my computer and my fingers automatically go to the keyboard ready to write. It's just natural for me to put my thoughts in writing. Do you use your morning effectively? The morning hours are very productive for me. It's the mid day that I sometimes get a little foggy, but then as I sit down after dinner I get creative again. Generally I'm not a morning person, but after about two cups of coffee I start to wake up and get inspired. This morning I have a crackling fire going and a sweet little bird on the banister outside the window watching me. Of course he probably thinks my head is a nest as I've yet to run a brush through my hair or even get dressed for that matter. This is "Me" time. The sun is spreading across the front lawn and the world is starting to come alive. As you know, I love romance and in the mornings I love to write a little and feel the power behind romance. Have you ever felt it? If you're a romance writer or reader for that matter, you've felt that power. It draws you in and refreshes your faith in life. Yeah, I'm a romance advocate. I had a reader tell me the other day that they don't believe in romance, well they received a long talk about the possibilites of romance. Needless to say they laughed and said they'd give it another try. But they have read all my books. That's a start. Well I'm almost done with my Friday morning rambling, but I must leave you with this question. Do you believe in romance? It's a simple question. I'm curious about your responses. With romance being the best selling genre in books, I'm pretty sure at least more then 50% of you do. As always, good writing and May God Bless You...Image

No comments:

Post a Comment