Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Morning Writing

Well it's Monday again! Were you ready for it? Me, well not so much, but it's a fact that it comes every week. Some Mondays I do better than others. This morning is cloudy and dreary yet again and I'm sleepy, but work beckons and it's the start of my busy season. The reason for my grogy ramblings is I sat up way too late last night writing. I guess you could say it's a writers lot to be sleepy and have blood shot eyes on Monday morning. I couldn't pull myself away from the current WIP. It's funny how a story gets under your skin and you just have to get past a certain point before you pull away. I know other writers know this feeling. You know the point where you can stop but until you get to that point you don't have the courage to stop. Does this sound obsessive, well maybe so? Writers are often carried away into obsession and that's what makes a good writer. Someone once asked me where all my stories come from. They often laugh and say that I must lead a very colorful life to bring about so many stories with vibrancy and life. I live my life just as anyone, well I guess that's true. A writer's mind goes beyond that of someone that doesn't have writing in them. I can look at the simplest object and spin a story around it. A writer's mind is constantly working on over load. Sometimes I think my mind actually spins around like a top. As for the unfinished manuscript I found the other day, well I've been spinning this one in my head, but I've put it to the wayside. I remember somewhat the path I was headed in with it, but it just doesn't feel right at the moment. For me, and I've talked to other writers about this, if the story is not with you, it's best to put it down and come back a little later. Unfortunately that happens in series too. You finish book one or two and when you start the next part and it totally goes out of the realm. So, how's your Monday going? As for me I'd love to get some love over at Twitter or Facebook. Come by and follow me on either one. I'm trying to get over the Twitter hump per say. Also, I'd love to have some likes or follows on Facebook. Let's put our heads together and have a follow Monday. Here's my links: Facebook Author page: https://www.facebook.com/StephaniePayneHurt?ref=hl Facebook personal page: https://www.facebook.com/stephanie.hurt.330 Twitter: https://twitter.com/StephanieHurt4 As always, good writing and May God Bless you...

No comments:

Post a Comment