Saturday, January 25, 2014

Cleaning Up A Mess...

Have you ever started an edit on your manuscript and wondered what happened? It's the weirdest thing when you're writing it sounds good and then you start to edit and wonder who wrote it. You know it's happened to you before. I sometimes think that maybe I write in my sleep. That's my story and I'm sticking to it... I was working on one of my WIP and got a little sidetracked, well maybe a lot sidetracked. I couldn't seem to keep the story in my head. So, I decided to do a read through. I reached a section that I know I wrote several nights ago and I was really tired that night. Well, it was going well and all of a sudden it was like, What? I laughed out loud at my own mistakes. Several words were not even recognizable and some of the sentences were just plain out horrible. They didn't make sense and a couple of times I just drifted off into lala land. Well, to say the least, I spent a lot of time rewriting and I'm glad I did. While cleaning up the mess I made I actually had a ah ha moment and changed a whole scene in the middle of the book. It flows so much better and I'm happy with it. It makes the ending seem so much clearer. Funny how our clean up edits can bring about a whole new outlook on a story. So, as I sit here writing this cold Saturday morning, I hope all of you are writing or doing something you enjoy. It's Saturday. Give yourself a break and enjoy yourself. As always, good writing and May God Bless You...

No comments:

Post a Comment