Monday, December 9, 2013

Writing To Inspire...

What does your writing do for you? No, I'm not talking about the royalties or the fans. I'm talking about the inspiration. Does your writing inspire you? Do your characters inspires you to change things, make better decisions, or even change something in your life? I've had messages from fans saying some of my books have inspired them. That's the best message you can get as a writer. One fan said that one of my books inspired her to follow her dreams of writing. One said they inspired her to follow her heart in regards to a past love. Then one said she was inspired to reach out to her faith and renew her relationship with God. I've been honored to hear the comments and inspirations. Writing to inspire is writing from the heart. If you write like a drone and never put feeling in your work then you've only acheived the writing goal, not the inspirational goal. What you put between those covers is important to your reader. If you just put words there and don't feel anything then what have you accomplished. As a writer I cry, laugh and feel anger when I'm writing. I enjoy what I do and I pour out my heart with every chapter. Most of the time when I type The End I'm emotionally exhausted. I have to rest and recoop. That's in my opinion what makes it a work of inspiration. What inspires you? Is it something in your life or in a book you've read? For me it's a myriad of it all. I can be inspired by so many things. My faith leads me to many inspirations and that's a big factor in my writing. I hope that your writing leads your inspirations and leads to inspiration... As always, good writing and May God Bless You...

No comments:

Post a Comment