Thursday, December 5, 2013

Social Media is Time Consuming

If you're an author you know the importance of social media. It's the backbone of your publishing and selling strategy. The only problem is we try to get on every site we can and then when we sit down to our computer we spend an hour searching all the sites for any inkling of a notice from fans or readers or anybody other than spam mongers. I sit every morning going through my sites and then I spend what time is left before going to the office writing. We have to make sure we use our time wisely. I am trying to limit my site checking to twice a day. I try to post a blog everyday, but some days I may forgo my usual post for a shorter post or save it up for the next day. That way I have more time for my writing which is important. Since I have a full time job and a family I need to keep my time steady and straight. Following the right course is very important. As for my accounting office I've changed the times I work and added in tidbits of writing time during the day. It helps break the monotony of everyday accounting work with a little writing time. I make sure that every detail is taken care of in it's own time. Time with my family is very important too. It's become common place in my house for my laptop to be in my lap during tv time at night. My hubby and son are used to that's writing time, but I'm still with them and not closed up in another room. It's funny the small things that make a difference. I guess raising a child in an accounting office taught me alot about focus. I can depreciate an asset while doling out snacks. So in turn I can now write while watching tv with my family, helping with homework, and cooking dinner. So, how do you spend your time? Do you waste time on trivial things? Have you got a plan and do you stick to it? As always, good writing and May God Bless You... Here's a link to a great blog about Time from a blogger all writers need to follow: http://warriorwriters.wordpress.com/2013/12/05/killing-time-is-a-crime-embracing-speed-by-redefining-life-play-work/

No comments:

Post a Comment