Saturday, December 7, 2013

Saturday Morning and The Coffee's Flowing...

I love Saturday mornings. For one thing I get to sleep in for a little longer and when I get that first cup of coffee I can sit and enjoy it. This morning is no different. I sit here sipping coffee and eating the biscuits my hubby pulled out of the oven as I walked down the hall. It's wonderful to wake up to breakfast already cooked and the aroma of coffee drifting into the bedroom. The day in Georgia will be dreary and rainy, but it's Saturday so no matter. My day will be filled with decorating our Church for Christmas. I look forward to this every year. As I've said before several times, I love Christmas. It's a fun time as we gather together to adorn His house with garlands, trees, snowflakes, ornaments and whatever else we can get out. When we're done it's transformed into another place, a place of excitement and enjoyment. The children will come in tomorrow and their eyes will let us know if we've accomplished our goals. It's the same with our writing. If the reader isn't taken to another place or setting we've failed. I try to push the envelope. When I was writing Open The Heart I knew it would be different. I strived to put an element of the wow factor. I wanted you to feel the icy cold chill of a Christmas in the snowy Alps of Switzerland. I've had readers that said they felt like they were there. That's a writer's goal. Take the reader away from their everyday stressful life, if only for a moment. When I read a book I want to be transported into another time or place. I want to see it in my mind through the words of the writer. If you can't pull them into the story you've cheated them of a experience. When I wrote Open The Heart I could see every detail and I wanted my reader to see it and feel it. One time during a particular scene where they're in the snow literally I actually had to wrap up. I had a chill as I wrote the story but when they were inside by the fire I shed the blanket. Funny how your writing affects you... So, enjoy this day and make it your own. Embrace the world you live in. Do something for yourself today. It's Saturday!!! As always, good writing and May God Bless You... One more thing, Check out the new link to my book at the bookclubreading.com at: http://bookclubreading.com/open-the-heart/ and go over to avonromance.com to pick up some great Christmas romances. They've got a great selection to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment