Friday, December 27, 2013

Writing Goals For The New Year

Goals... Do you set goals? Do you have a word count that you try to meet everyday? Do you try to put out a couple of books a year? Well for me I try to work everyday on my manuscripts. Sometimes life steps in and I get side stepped, but I plan to make up for lost time this weekend. For me goals are important. If you don't have something to strive for then what's the point. I have set goals on my book releases and also my accounting business. Life is going to be getting very busy in January. If you haven't read my bio, I am an Accountant and that means tax time is right around the corner. What's funny is the last two years when I would get the busiest in my office, the characters would get restless and I'd actually have higher word count outputs. Weird but true. I had an accounting colleague ask me last year how on earth I wrote during tax season. Well it's really easy when you need something to decompress with at night. I usually work really long hours from January through April, but when I do get to sit down and focus, I can just spit it out like a rushing river in a flood. Amazingly enough I actually have my daily schedule set up this year for writing to be intertwined with accounting work. That way I can decompress during the day too. I have several goals set for the new year. I want to get my 2nd books in the Lean On Him series, Alpine Romance Series, The Winner Series and The Women of Magnolia Hill Saga out and going as soon as possible. I laughed as I worked on my goals for 2014 and realized I had several series going along with some stand alones. Funny how writers can have several dramas going on at one time. So, what are your writing goals? What are your expectations for 2014? Do you have a plan? As always, good writing and May God Bless You...

No comments:

Post a Comment