Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Rainy Day In The South

Well, I woke this morning to the pitter patter of rain. A very cold rain. It's dark and dreary outside, but inside it's warm and cheery. My writer's mind is writing it as a sunny, beautiful day. That's the fun thing about being a writer. I can rewrite the day in my pretend world. You may be saying, Stephanie, honey, your writing is not life. I'm well aware of that, but writing is part of my life. You make your feelings the way you want to. If it's drab outside you can control how you feel about it. You either let it get you in a crabby mood or you smile and say it's a beautiful day. It's the same with writing. You are the one that chooses the feeling of it. It can be sad, happy, scary, or whatever you want it to be. As I sit and work on finishing a sad to happy book it's a good day to write the happy part. You're in control of your life. Well most of the time. Don't let emotions control your life. I used to struggle with this. I'd let the day control me. If it was raining I'd be down and out. But I realized one day that I could control that. No I can't control the weather before you ask, but I can control how I react to it. It's the same with my writing. I control the destiny of the characters. If they're happy or sad it's up to me.So as I sip my warm coffee, laced with pumpkin spice creamer I smile and say rain, rain, go away, come back another day. But I smile. Live every day with a smile. Come on, you feel that smile coming, just let it out. I hope every one of you stay safe in this rolling storm system because of the icy side of it. As always, good writing and May God Bless you...

No comments:

Post a Comment