Monday, November 25, 2013

New Release and the holidays...

My new Christmas book is up and running. This has been a joy to work on. As you all know I love the Christmas season and adding cowboys and Switzerland which is on my bucket list just adds to it. I've been researching Switzerland for many, many years and to get to use some of that in this book has been awesome. What's funny is this was supposed to be a stand alone book, but this writer's heart just couldn't stop it at that. It's going to be a whole series on romance in the Alps. I'm really excited about this series as it explores the country I'd love to visit. Since I will probably never visit this beloved country, I'll live it through fiction. I do hope everyone is enjoying this week of Thanksgiving. Don't forget to thank those you love and those you need to love for the many things they do. I hope those that don't have romance can find romance. It's wonderful! Everyone needs it in their lives. Here's an excerpt from Open The Heart - Alpine Christmas Romance: When she emerged from the bathroom thirty minutes later totally refreshed, she saw lying on the bed a Christmas ball. She giggled. Where had he found a Christmas ornament? She opened her bedroom door and found bright red tinsel stretched all the way to the stairs. She picked it up and rolled it up as she walked. She glanced over the balcony and found him elbow dip in a huge box of Christmas decorations. She let out a laugh that echoed across the high ceilings. The look in his eyes when he looked up was like a young boy waiting on Santa. She joined him on the floor by the fire. “I thought you didn’t celebrate Christmas.” “I said I hadn’t celebrated in a while, but that didn’t mean I didn’t have decorations. These were some my mom had given me the year before…” He trailed off. Then he cleared his throat and turned toward her. “I’ve loved Christmas all my life. I just stepped away from it for a while.” She grinned and looked in the box. They had everything to decorate the house and a tree. “Do you have a tree?” He laughed and stood up, grabbing her hand. He pulled her to her feet. “That’s a funny question. We have a whole mountain of Christmas trees. I have one of the horses saddled and a cart attached just outside the door. The snow is falling lighter right now, so we’re going hunting.” She giggled in excitement. It had been years since she’d been out in the woods hunting a tree. “Do you have an axe?” She gave him her most serious expression. “Oh, you’re funny. Don’t you think I’d think of that first?” He hugged her and pulled her hat up and tied it under her chin. “Let’s go get a tree before the next storm hits.” This is just a snippet of the fun these two have in their snow filled Alpine Christmas adventure. As always, good writing and May God Bless You... Here's the 2 links already up and running: http://www.amazon.com/Open-Heart-Alpine-Christmas-Romance-ebook/dp/B00GW6T6AQ https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/381389

No comments:

Post a Comment