Saturday, November 23, 2013

Exploring Your Heart...

I'm a hopeless romantic and if you haven't gotten that through my blogs where have you been? In my writing I express the romance and love that's in my heart. I hurt when my characters hurt and laugh when they laugh, of course my son thinks I've lost my mind much of the time. I'll just laugh out as I'm writing. He just looks at me and shakes his head. Oh well, I have to be a little crazy to be an artist, right. Since I've been working on my Christmas romance I've experienced many feelings. I've been angry, happy, sad, mournful, cold, and then excited. This book runs the whole lot of feelings. I've tried to carry my reader into a new world. Hopefully one that they will want to explore further with the second book. Whoops did I just give away a secret? Yes I did. Well the cats out of the bag, There will be a book two for The Alpine Romance. It's funny how it just hits you when something needs to be carried to another plateau. I've also been working on finishing book two in the "Lean On Him" Christian series. This one has to be visited in spurts. The book has taken a toll on me emotionally. A couple of months ago I put an excerpt on Avon Romance submission pages and a kind lady came in to tell me how emotional that scene made her. It brought a smile to my face. My editor read the first chapter and when she turned to me she had tears in her eyes. Yep, it's going to be a emotional romance. I just hope it inspires my readers to find romance and hold on to it, because you never know when it will slip away. Sometimes we lose the love of our life, but there's always the chance to find love again, you just have to open your heart. So to me, writing romance explores your own heart. Can you write romance if you don't believe in it? I really don't think so. I think you have to believe with all your heart that romance is real and that love can be found in the oddest places. Every book I've written has taken a different angle of love. Maybe it's the love lost, then found again, or new love found, but held away by force. Whatever the way, the love always shines through. That's what makes romance one of the top genres right now. We all need something to hope for, to wish for, and to know it exists if only in fiction. My challenge to you is this. Explore your heart to find the part of it that expresses how you feel. Pull on it until you're just drained and then you're ready to pour it out in fiction. Some days when I close my laptop I'm exhausted, but content. I've explored the many emotions of my characters and made it through. That's what draws in the reader, the pull of your heart to theirs. As always, good writing and May God Bless You...

No comments:

Post a Comment