Friday, November 22, 2013

Living my dreams through writing

If you're a writer you know where I'm going with this. As a young, starry eyed, very impressionable, soft hearted, dare I go on, teenager I started reading romance novels. As I picked up the first one I opened it with excitement. This was a new era for me. I could smell the new paperback smell, which of course is Heavenly. The book drew me in and pulled out the romantic in me. After that I was hooked on romance. This started my desire to be a romance writer. I'd sit for hours writing, that's handwritting for those that don't remember that, many manuscripts. I kept most of my old manuscripts. Of course now they're old and yellowed now, but I still pull them out and read them now and then. Actually a couple of my books started from those old teenage dreamy romance manuscripts. Of course I had to do some changes to get them a little more up to date. Through my writing I can live out childhood dreams. I've always loved horses. If you've read any of my books you will usually read about a horse or two. I have to say it's helped with my desire to own a horse. I get to own them in my writing, even have a horse ranch in my writing. Sound crazy, hardly, just writing from the heart. Then there's my dream of traveling to Switzerland. I've had that dream for as long as I can remember. When I was in school I actually did a report on Switzerland. I even went as far as writing to the Swiss travel center and they sent me a whole package of information. I still have that package. In my newest book, Open The Heart - A Alpine Christmas Romance, I travel to Switzerland. I've enjoyed researching every aspect of it. It's been my Christmas present to myself to revisit my dream through my writing. It comes out this weekend and I hope you will check it out. What are your dreams? Do you work on making them come true or do you write out your dreams? Sometimes your dreams can inspire you in many ways. Mine inspire me to write. Writing from the heart is the best kind. It shows your true colors and your true heart. So as the Christmas Season gets into full swing do something from your heart. Make a dream come true for either yourself or someone you love. As always, good writing and May God Bless You...

No comments:

Post a Comment