Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's Spring! I'm so over Winter!

Well, today around lunch time it will become officially Spring. Of course that doesn't mean that Winter has let go of it's grip here in the US. Here in Georgia we're looking at cold temps next week and yep, a hint was given about a possible snow scenario coming really close to us next week. Really, we live in the South and for some reason Mother Nature has forgotten that. Oh well, we'll deal with it as it comes. When you think of Spring you usually think of Spring cleaning and refreshing everything around you. For me it's crunch time in tax season and that means I'm up to my elbows in tax returns. My writing usually suffers some during this time of the year. I can't keep my brain solidly on a story line when I finally get back into the house at night. But I think maybe I can go through my old manuscripts and do some refreshing. I've spoken several times about revising older releases and making them new. Usually when you do this you change the cover and give the book a new outlook. I'm planning on a couple of revisions in the next couple of weeks. I'm also following some advice from a couple of my reviewers. Also, this is a good time to clean up your files on your computer. In the Winter we get bogged down in the Winter time slow down of our brain. We let junk emails pile up, we let old, unuseful files pile up. Well, let's clean up that computer and get ready for the Spring/Summer inspiration that comes to most writers. I write more in the Spring/Summer time period. So if the computer is clean and ready, you can write unhindered. So, how are you Spring Cleaning your writing? As always, Good Writing and May God Bless You...

No comments:

Post a Comment