Saturday, October 26, 2013

Summer is now a Memory, Bring on Fall

Well, the shorts are packed up and safely in the attic until the sun warms the land again. The sweaters and jackets are washed and put in the closet ready to take on the cold winter air. The fireplace insert is cleaned and ready for the first crackling fire that may come today. The fire wood is stacked on the back patio where the pool supplies stood just last week. It’s finally Fall in Georgia and it’s beautiful.
Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. I’ve planted pansies and mum to keep the color splash as the cool night bring on the orange, yellow, red and brown leaves. Soon the only color will be the blue skies and the mums and pansies. The leaves will fall away and the trees will hibernate and replenish waiting on Spring. The sun comes up later and descends early. The nights are longer, but cozy by the fire.
It’s time to bring out the hot chocolate and marshmellows. It’s time to sit outside by the chimnea and watch as the fire sparkles bright yellow, orange and red. Oh what a wonderful time to be alive.
It’s also a wonderful time to curl up with a good book or with a unfinished manuscript. I’m always inspired when the air grows cool. Amazingly enough, most of my work is done during the cooler time of the year. Even as I sit with my coffee and still warm cinnamon roll twists this morning I’m drawn to my latest work. I just feel creative this morning. Too bad I have clothes to wash, bathrooms to clean and floors to mop, but they will wait until possibly after lunch.
So as always, good writing and May God Bless You…

No comments:

Post a Comment